Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Second Door And Some Hats

Hello friends!



Today I am the one to open the second door of our MH advent calendar, Robecca!
Afterwards, I tell you a little bit about some hats I own.
But first, the calendar:



What could be behind the second door? Aha... hm...



It looks like a strange little capsule and has a tiny tiny picture of Lagoona on it. Hm...



At the back there is a clip. It could be a tiny ballpoint pen or something...



Ah! No! It is a yellow text marker! Great! We really needed one!
So, this was todays calender door.
Now to the hats:



Calaminthe went shopping at the weekend and at TEDI (Germany) she found this hat for me! Isn't it mega-cute?
It is a tiny hat for the normies, usually, and had a hairclip at the back. Calaminthe broke that one down carefully and now it fits to me.
Perhaps you can find a hat like that yourself, they had them also in black, glittery black and red. Mine is blue, in case you cannot see this. The pics are not the best quality.
If you don't live in Germany perhaps you can find similar ones in some shop between hair supplies, I know that somebody in GB bought some before.



Doesn't it look great? I think I will save it until Clawdeen starts with the spring collection and then perhaps I get a fitting dress.
It also looks great on Barbie and sure on some other dolls as well.

The other hat I wanted to talk about is one you've seen before.




It is this top hat I have.
Maybe you asked yourself how to make one like that. It isn't that difficult.
Clawdeen found the tutorial on pinterest.

Here is the link:


You also can find it on craftster.org


It is the perfect time to try out making doll hats. Don't you like to craft in the advent? 
For example the christmas hat I wear on the first pic, if you didn't see it, you find the tutorial in our blog.
You just have to vary the colours, mine is dark red.

So, I am done!

Come back tomorrow, if you like to know what is behind the 3rd calendar door, who opens it and what she or he is talking about!

Goodbye,

yours

Robecca Steam xoxox








3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! The blue one you possibly still get at Tedi between the hair accessoires, but it is a tiny little bit small. I think at the end I'll fix it with a rubber band. The other one is not soo hard to do. I varied it a bit, didn't cover it with felt but coated it with acrylic colour (copper) instead. The gear is coloured as well, it is just plastic. But I used black first and then I added the copper tone. The border is made from an old handbag strap.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, I coloured the top hat itself brown first and then copper.

      Delete