Saturday, March 9, 2019

REVIEW: Lammily Photographer and Traveler


Hello Blogspotters,


My name is Elea.
It is the name Calaminthe gave to me.

My original name is Photographer Lammily, and Clawdeen allowed me to blogspot today so you can learn more about us Lammily dolls.

I came here last christmas, and it is about time to review myself, but also I want to introduce my best friend to you, she is the Lammily Traveler, and her name is Una.





Let us start with my box.

This is the front of it.
As you can see, the box doesn't have a plastic window, instead it is completeley made from cardboard.

But that doesn't matter, because as you can see there is a beautiful picture of myself at the front of the box, an artwork picture.

Also at the top I tell you that I love my new old camera, and that there is a story inside.
I show you later...

At the bottom, there is the orange Lammily doll logo, a hint that I am meant for children 3+ and a choking hazard warning.





On the left side of the box, the artwork continues and and the bottom, it tells you two names:

The name of the artist who did the box artwork, who is Yelena Lamm, and the name of the artist who designed my head and face, her name is Susan Wagner.





On the right side, the art again continues and at the bottom, there are safety requirements and copyright hints.

At the bottom of the box, not photographed, you will find further information, such as the firm adress, the contents of the box and other important firm information.





The back of the box, also with continued beautiful artwork, has the Logo at the bottom as well and a service number plus web- and email adress.





When you open up the box, you will find a pamphlet about my new old camera.

It stucks in another layer of the box which again continues the boxes artwork.





It is a zigzag folded pamphlet with a beautifully illustraded story about me and how I got my camera.

It will make your doll, of you buy me as well, come to life. It is so nice to have an own story included to the box that telly you more about your doll, but without giving me a name or anyhow telling the doll's owners how to play with her.
This makes a different to most of the other dolls, you are completeley free to give a name and play your own stories.





Behind that cardboard piece, you will then find me pinned at again an artwork background.

I am just hold with one piece of wire pulled around my hips so the environment isn't damaged too much more.

The box is stable and beautiful, so you may want to keep it to store your doll in there after playtime or maybe store doll clothes in it instead.

I personally think, alone the boxes we come in are woth to decide on a Lammily doll instead of other dolls on the maket.





But of course there are more reasons, when you look at me.

Here am I, now freed from the box.

I have the african american version of the Travellers body. One special thing, maybe the main thing, about us Lammily dolls is, that we are dolls with real realistic proportions.

We are sculpted in the size of the average teenager and not having model ideals for our bodies.

You will learn more about our bodies later.

At this pointof the review, Clawdeen likes to explain what accessories we come with. So here we go:

I come with my pamphlet, a camera, two hair accessories, shirt, skirt and a pair of shoes.

The box doesn't include a doll stand and a doll brush.
Calaminthe misses the stand a little bit, maybe it would be a great idea to include one to future dolls?





The pamphlet story is about my camera, so here you have a detailed picture of it.

It is black and looks realistic, and there is a black strap so you can hang it around my neck.





A close-up of my hand shows you that I, as real dark skinned people, havehands that are white inside!





Here is a close-up of my face.

I have brown eyes and eyebrows and a light pink lipstick. I am not wearing much make-up.

My black hair is styled in a curly bun at the back of my head, and you will find two head accessories in it, a white and a red one. Those are cute butterfly clips.





I am wearing a white short sleeve top that is closed at the front with velcro. I like the puristic design of it.





And I have a colourful skirt with a beautiful flower design. The skirt is wide at the bottom and has elastic at the waist.





Here are my shoes, white flats that are not too high and really cute basic every-day shoes.





Oh yes, at the very bottom of your pamphlet story, you will find a hint that you can go to the Lammily website and name your doll and give her a personality.

You will find a doll passport there which you can safe as a pdf file or print it out.

Calaminthe decided that this is my background story:

My name is Elena Jina Ibori and I was born in Kenia.
My birthday is the day she got me: December 24th 2018.

Of course you can give your Photograph Lammily doll your own name and background!





Well, now a quick and not-so-detailed look at my friend, the Lammily Traveler.

Calaminthe didn't do as much detailed pictures of her, sadly, but she was the first Lammily doll she got.

Here is a look at the boxes front and her pamphlet.

The box is very much designed like my own, just with own artwork and a different background story.

The Traveler doll was the very first Lammily doll ever.

You can still get her at the website, but not much longer, because she will be retired soon. The Lammily team seems to be working on a new doll...

There you also can find a Lammily boy doll, also with realistic proportions. He is the Animal Rescuer.
But Calaminthe doesn't have him.






Here is the Traveller doll, which is named Una by Calaminthe.

The chair is not part of the package. It is just there to pose the doll, it belongs to California Summer doll by Mattel.

The Traveller is th european american average girl.

She is wearing a blue shirt with tiny little silver glued on fake buttons at the frond and stitched on pocket detail which fades to white at the bottom, and a pair of blue jeans shorts, also with button and pocket detail which opens in the back.

Also she is wearing a realaxed pair of white sneakers with orange laces painted on.





She has long brown open hair with highlights and brown eyes and also just a little bit peach lipstick.






Here you can see her body which is the same body type as mine:

We have articulation at the neck, shoulders, ellbows, wrists, hips, knees and feet.







Feet may come off easily, but you can pull them back inside. The feet joints makes it possible for us to wear either flat or slightly high heel shoes.





Another problem is that we only can sit with spread legs.

But at the end we are very high quality dolls that are worth to be bought and played with, in Calaminthes opinion.

You will have much fun with your Lammily doll, and you should defineteley have a look at their website. You can find all the three dolls there and wonderful realistic looking fashion for all of them, patterns to sew your own fashion for them ands so much more!






Time to say goodbye with a picture of Una and myself, wearing some fashion Clawdeen wolf designed for us.

Maybe we will show it to you in a later blogspot.




Have a great weekend and an awsome week!




😘😎😄

Elea.

No comments:

Post a Comment