Saturday, January 27, 2018

REVIEW: Boltin' Bicycle Frankie Stein


Hello Blogfriends!


You know something voltageous?

I now have a bike!

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, but I am sure the ones who read this blog already know me.

Yes, this weeks blogspot is all about me, the look I am wearing today and about my bike.
If you like it and want to know how this doll set is called, I am:




BOLTIN' BICYCLE FRANKIE STEIN


With luck, you still may find me out in the stores.

The Boltin' Bicycle playset is one of the rare playsets Calaminthe brought home, and I am very happy about the fact. It was not planned, but the price had been low and so she grabbed me.

Well, here is how I look in box.

As most of the Monster High boxes, mine is mainly black with spider web design and a plastic window to have a look at the doll.

The window has the shape of a - well, in this case very wide - coffin and has a yellow and white frame. On the bottom left there are some cute little drawings on blue that fit the doll theme.

On the right you will find the Monster High logo with scullette, and on the bottom, a very cute artwork of myself riding the bike and my name.





At one side of the box the artwork and logo repeats.





And on the other side you have the logo again, this time together with the drawings.





Here is the back of the box.

There you will find the drawings again and also the coffin shape, this time in blue with white.

In it is a foto of myself and the bike, my name and the hint in several languages that I am the daughter of Frankenstein.

Also you will find the usual firm infearmation.





The box can be opened at the sides, and you then can pull out the background display with the doll.

The background is mainly blue and black with a bit yellow and white again. It is part striped and partly shows a park scenery with a tree, a hanging in the tree bag or maybe sign, some lamps, a bench and a stone path.

The boxes bottom also shows you a technical drawing of the doll and how to handle it. Calaminthe forgot to take a picture.



And after you have freed me from the background, this is what you will find:

me, the Frankie Stein doll with jumper, shoes and helmet, and the bicycle.

There is again no brush and not a doll stand, and also no diary.

But, amongst all the text on the back of the box, you can find this in several languages:

"Frankie loves to ride her bike! She can ride lightning fast, but sometimes she likes to just cruise around the park and wave hello to other monsters".





First, I want to show you my bike in detail. Here is how it looks when I am not riding it.





Lets begin with the pedals. They are silver coloured plastic and have the perfect shape to place the shoes I am wearing on them so I can sit on the bike properly. You can move them like real pedals.





When I am not using my bike you can find that there is my signature scullette on them. Isn't that voltageous?





Here is a close-up of the handbar. I hope I translated it right.

My hands really can be placed on it, again savely, so I will not fall down when you want to play with me riding the bike.





Its silver plastic again, mainly shaped as a lightning bolt with nuts at the end. At the front there is a hand to hold it. Isn't that an electrifying detail?





The bikes frame mainly is blue, but there is a black checkered sticker with some signature motives I love personally, as a stitched heard, my Frankenstein Scullette and lightning bolts.





The chain (I again hope that this is the right technical translation, if not, please tell me) is silver again and doesn't move together with the pedals. But thats a little detail that doesn't matter too much.

The fender (mudguard?) is bright yellow.





Here is the back wheel. Those DO move. They are mainly silver and have lightning bolt shaped spokes. The tires are black.

Also at the back wheel you can find the bike stand.

You can pull it down and high, but its to week sadly to hold the bike with doll. It hardly can hold the bike alone.





Well, and here is the saddle. it is black and there wouldn't be much to tell about it, but at the back is a transparent holder to clip into the back of your doll, so she - in this case I - really can sit savely on the bike.





I really like the bike, its a fangtastic toy to play with.

Well, but now to myself, the Frankie doll that will come together with the bicycle.

Lets start like this:
Mainly, I have the wider rebooted body, but with some little differences or surprises. I will show them to you later.





First:

This is my helmet, shown in profile. It is blue and you can open and close the strap to take it on or off.
There are some stud and bolt designs, and again a lighting bolt.





When taking it off, I have long and straight black and white open hair. On this picture it looks messy, but when brushed out it turns out to be smooth and silky.





And here is body surprise number 1:

I have the old head mold.

Calaminthe didn't take a comparing picture, but maybe you can see it:
my forehead is not as huge as usually on the rebooted dolls.

This might be a big plus for those who loved the classic MH dolls better.

I guess it is because this way the helmet isn't too small, maybe.

I am wearing pink eyeshadow, bright red lipstick and a little bit blush on my cheeks.





Surprise number 2:

My body is a mixture between the full articulated reboot body (which has movable ellbows and hands that can be pulled out to dress me and knee jointss but painted on scars) and the stiffer budget line doll bodies (which don't have ellbow and knee or hand joints and molded on scars).

In this case: You CAN bend my ellbows and knees but NOT my hands. Those are molded on the arms. You CAN pull out the ellbow joints. This is a good compromise to still make it easy to dress me.
The scars are molded.

Surprise modus off.





Well, here is my cute jumper.

It is mainly black with blue and yellow lightning bolt pattern and has four straps: Two blue and two black ones which is a cute detail.

I really think its cute.





And here are my shoes. All black, but matching the look.

This is the last picture.

My personal opinion, yours may be a little bit different, decide yourself:

This really is a great playset. The bkie is worth its money totally and I am worth it too.
I am totally fine with molded on hands and scars, as long as you still can pull out the ellbows to dress me and as long as you can move them.

How the body is made is a must for this set, so I am able to perfectly fit the bike and the helmet.



Time to say goodbye.

I wish you an electrifying weekend and a voltageous week!
I am off now, biking, of course!


Love and kisses,

💙💛💙

Frankie Stein

2 comments:

  1. she is so cute <3 and I LOVE the bicycle so much <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she? I guess this is because she hs the old headmold, maybe. I really love the new with the huge forehead, because it let Frankie look more... frankenstein...yish, but of course the old mold made her look more beautiful.

      Delete