Saturday, June 30, 2018

REVIEW: Budget Basic Gigi Grant


Hello Readers,


My name is Gigi Grant, and for everyone who doesn't know yet: I am a Genie.

I am not new in Calaminthes home, there had been an older version, but sadly - one of my hands broke and so Calaminthe thought it would be great to have another version of myself.

Today I want to review my newer self.





This version is called:

BUDGET BASIC GIGI GRANT


So I am a budget doll, and this is why I came in a small box.

At the front there is of course the Monster high writing and logo, and also a nice artwork of myself.

The Budget Basic line was something released between the older doll lines and the reboot lines.





On the side the logo and my name repeats, and there is a pink coffin shaped frame. The box itself is mainly black with a plastic window at the front, of course.





At the top of the boxes back is a close-up of the artwork on the front.

Then in the middle you will find some facts about myself - my name, again, my Killer Style, My Freaky Flaw and my Favourite Activity.

And at the bottom part there are three pictures of the other dolls that had been part of the Budget Basic Line which had been:

Clawdeen Wolf
Draculaura
Frankie Stein.





When you pull the background display out of the box, this is how I am fixed to it.

You will find that there is just a doll in the box, and not a stand, brush, diary.

the display itself is mainly pink and shows a hallway in the MH school.





Well, I wish I could grant you 13 wishes when you free me from the box.

You could try it... who knows, maybe it works. ;-)

So, this is how I look out of the box.

My arms and hands are stiff and can only be moved at my shoulders, and just front and back. Calaminthe thought this way my hand can't be broken off again.

My legs can be bend at the knees, so its no problem for me to take a seat.





My hair is styled in a very high, hot pink ponytail with orange streak.

It felt greasy right from the beginning, but the look was fine.

Calaminthe said you can wash out the grease later and that it is fabric glue that comes out of my head.
You can find tutorials and tipps how to wash it out in MH facebook groups, and maybe also in YouTube Tutorials.






Here is a face-up.

Calaminthe didn't review me before in general, I think, so I will give you a description of how I look as detailed as I can.

My skin is pink and I have blue eyes.
Under my eyes you will find some freckles, and my ears - you can see it better on the profile close-up - are pointed.

On my chest there is a pink scorpio tattoo.

This version of myself has blue eyeshadow with golden yellow highlighter and fuchsia lipstick.





The dress I wear is very oriental styled.

Mainly, its half blue and half pink with a marrocan window style pattern.
The dresses top is black with glitter and there is a golden ribbon between the parts.

My arm is accessorized with a very cute golden bracelet.





My shoes are golden as well, with buckles and with very pointed fronts. They also are typically oriental and remember of a Dschinn - what I am of course.





I am not sure if my new self has a new headmold, but seeing my new self (left) together with my older self (right) it seems it has indeed changed a bit. (The other version is Field Trip Gigi btw).

I personally like my new face better.





And here are also differences between my new Budget Basic body - left - and my Field trip one - on the right.

As you can see, all the scorpion details on my body are gone, sadly. Gladly not on my arms and legs, though.

My hands are different too - my older self had long, pointed finger nails.
The arms have no joints, I told you already, but this was what Calaminthe wanted to have this time.

I think though that the body itselves is not wider then my old body, so I can't tell if it is a rebooted one or just a budget one.

Over all - when you see the both versions together, you could say the old one has some plus..sses.

I personally like my new version though... and when Calaminthe gets the grease out of my hair, nearly everything is fine.
I am very happy with my new face and also with the new clothes I now have.




And yes, we are now at the end of the review and also of todays blogspot.


I wish you a magical weekend and a cosmic week!




Bye,

💛👏💛

Gigi Grant

2 comments:

  1. The head is actually surprisingly nice. I miss the old style but in this case it's an improvement. It's a shame the arms only go back and forth though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I really like the head too but still have to wash out the glue. The arms had been a compromise because it could be hard to get her in future days and she isn't one I use most often, and so I thought it would be better to have stiff arms then to break the joints. Well, it was kind of a mistake, and maybe I will try to get another one in the future.

      Delete