Saturday, February 2, 2019

DOLL SPECIAL: Hair Fair Barbie (Ellen)

Hello Ghouls, Mansters and Normies,


here is Cleo deNile with another weekly Blogspot.

Today, after a long time, we decided to make another doll special.
This time for the first time, its the first special that is not Monster High themed.

Instead, one of Calaminthe's other dolls is my special guest:





Ellen!
Or: Hair Fair Barbie?

Well, my name is Ellen. It is the name Calaminthe gave me back in 1975, when she brought me home.
Back them, I only had been a HAIR FAIR BARBIE HEAD, a replacement for another head that had gone lost, and I got a new body.





Okay then, Ellen. we talk about your body later.
But... I always thought you had blonde hair? Now it is brown?





Well... it is just my favourite wig!

The Hair Fair Barbie head came with this brown wig and several other different hairpieces.
This also is the reason for my short blonde haircut, which I love.

I just thought the brown wig would fit better together with the clothes I am wearing today.

That remembers me on why you are here today, to show me your warderobe, please.
And, in your case, tell me a little bit more of your body, maybe.





The body I have is a Twist'N'Turn Body from the 1970es.

Calaminthe isn't sure which Barbie doll it originally belonged to.
She thinks it had been the 1976 Standart Barbie which originally wore a blue Bikini and in Germany was sold as "Meine erste Barbie", she thinks, in a cardboard box.

Calaminthe really loved her, but sadly, her head was lost while Calaminthe was playing outside, and it never had been found.

It is called Twist'N'Turn because this body type could twist the hips.

I also am able to bend my knees. Also you can move my legs at my hips, bend my arms forwards and backwards and my head to the side.

This Barbie Body Type made it easier to swap the head, because in the early Barbie bodys there wasn't an anchor like in todays bodys to fix the head.

This made it so easy for Calaminthe to give me the head I now have.





Well, now to my warderobe.

Today I am wearing a combination that originally belonged to Calaminthe's sister's Barbies.

The powder pink top had been knitted by her grandmother who had been a professional tailor.
She made a lot of wonderful clothes for Calaminthe herself when she was a child and her whole family.
And, from time to time, she also made something for the dolls, like us.

The colourful wooly material skirt and the jacket also had been sewn by her.





The jacket also has a second, red striped side, depending on how you want to combine it with other clothes.





Here is one dress that had been bought.

It is not a Mattel Barbie dress, maybe it had been one for the german Petra dolls by Plasty, but I am not sure.

Yesterday though Calaminthe saw a picture in the internet and found out that there had originally been a white lace coat to be worn together with the dress, but she lost it.





This is another gown I love to wear. Its also not Mattel.

Sorry I just can show you the dresses without all the accessories they came with. Part of those went lost with time, some of them may still be there but Calaminthe can't remember which ones went with which outfit originally.

This one MIGHT have had a golden clutch purse and orange or golden pilgrim shoes, maybe.





This suit is also one still saved from the 1970es, and again not Mattel. I love this one. It originally also belonged to Calaminthe's sis and her Barbie dolls.





This cute yellow dress is also one which had been made by Calaminthe's grandma.

It is made from chiffon, and so it is perfect for the summer.





There is also a long skirt I can wear over it, or as a single skirt together with a different top.





Here I am wearing a knitted blue bikini.
Also grandma made.





The last dress I want to show today, this time accessorized with some white boots, also is self made by grandma.

IT is a very typical kind of dress for the 1960es and 70ies and so for the Mod era, which I am part of.

All the stuff I showed you is not necessarily my own.

We Barbie dolls don't have a warderobe just for us, we swith between each other, and since there are some more of us Mod dolls living in Calaminthe's home, maybe the others want to show you other pieces as well, right?





Yes, there are some future plans, as Clawdeen told me.

For today, we are at the end of the blogspot.

Thank you, Ellen, to introduce us to one of the oldest members of Calaminthe's doll household, you, and also one of her most beloved ones.

Am I? Oh, thanks a lot!
It was fun and a pleasure to be the first none MH doll to sit on the pink couch for being interviewed.

I learned a lot today, and I hope our readers might find this blogspot interesting. I had a lot of fun as well with Ellen.




Goodbye for today,

have a majestic weekend and a royal week,




💝💖💝

Cleo deNile

and


💋💋💋

Ellen


No comments:

Post a Comment