Saturday, January 26, 2019

Review: Minerva McGonagall Mattel Doll


Good day, Blogreaders.


My name is Minerva McGonagall.

People who know the Harry Potter literature sure know who I am.
For those who don't:

I am Professer McGonagall, teach Transfiguration in the Hogwards School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and am also head of Gryphindor house and - i the books - deputy headmastress of Hogwarts. Meanwhile I am headmastress.

This is all you need to know about my person, but whenever you want to know more, feel free and search that muggle thing called the internet.

Today I want to introduce my doll self to you.





Well, here am I still in the box.

The box is the same as all the others in the Mattel doll series, and they are already revwiewed, so I will not waist much more time on it.





Here is a look at its back. Of course my own pictures are the main theme this time.





When pulling out the display, you will find me with my wand pinned next to my hat.





Well, here am I freed from that display.

I am approximately 30 cm tall which is 11 1/2 inches.

Maybe you can see a little problem:
The hat does fit, but not too good, my bun is a little bit too big to be pushed under it properly.
You could pull the hat deeper, but I don't want to ruin my bun just for some silly pictures.

Now to the more detailed pictures.





It is all one piece but looks like a black dress with green velvet coat.

The dress part is, as I told you, black and the material looks silky. It has a high collar with a silver brooche sewn on.

The coat part has wide, open sleeves and at the front there is a bordering with rich golden printed on celtic ornaments.

You can open it in the back, it is closed with velcro.





My face is sculpted after the face of the famous british actress Maggie Smith who portrays me in the Harry Potter Movies.

My skin is light, my eyes are blue, and my hair is coifed as a proper curly bun at the top of my head.
Its colour is a nice blonde, but I swear when I was younger it had been black.





Here is a profile portrait so you can have another look at my hairstyle.





Here is my hat and my shoes.

The shoes are victorian style laced boots in black and the hat also is black and has a brooche and two pheasant feathers sculpted on.





My wand also is black, sculpted after the one in the movies and has a tiny handle for my doll hands to hold it savely.

It is Fir and Dragon Heartstring, nine and a half inches, stiff.





Um. I know this is important for a complete doll review, so here is how my body looks. It has articulation at the hands, ellbows, shoulders, neck, hips and knees.





That's everything you need to know.

Time to say goodbye, and don't ask me to post those silly heart or elsewhat things under the review.




Goodbye, 
...have a bisquit!

Minerva McGonagall





No comments:

Post a Comment