Friday, May 10, 2019

Designer Boo-Tique Fashion And A Dress Tutorial


Hey Blogmonsters,


Here is Clawdeen Wolf with another weekly blogspot.

So, four of us got new dresses as a gift from Designer BooTique Frankie Stein.
Not me, though, but that didn't matter, because I am a creative ghoul, and as you can see, I made myself a Designer dress myself!

How?

I'll tell you.

But before, I want to show you what I made with the other dresses that had been part of the Designer BooTique Frankie Stein Set.




Remember?

LAst week I showed you this picture:


These four had been the dresses that had been part of that set, and Frankie all gave them to friends.

And I was creative with them. Let's be true: I used the markers of the set just on one of them, because I really liked that the dresses - most of them - didn't have a pattern. But nevertheless I altered each of those a bit.






Robecca Steam is the ghoul who got the dress with the gear pattern.

I stitched around the etches that didn't have seams with pink yarn and used the blue and the pink marker from the set to colour parts of the dress. Gladly, I had a set of T-Shirt markers myself, and so I was able to fill in the background of the pattern with purple marker as well.

With some blue and purple beads, I also created a pair of new earrings for Robecca.





Cleo deNile got the yellow dress.

I also hemmed the borders with buttonhole stitch, this time in blue, and sewed on a blue ribbon at the front.

She also got a new pair of earrings, made from golden crown charms I found at TEDI.





The pink dress had been given to Gigi Grant.

She also has blue hems, and on the bottom seam I sewed on a piece of ribbon I had that looks a bit like quillings.

Since Gigi doesn't have holes in her ears, I made her a necklace instead by using beads again.





And the blue dress now is owned by Silvi Timberwolf.

Here I only hemmed the the sleeveholes.

And then I made a yellow belt from ribbon and added a cute yellow polka dot bow to it.

Silvi has also a new pair of Lemon earrings, which Calaminthe also found at TEDI.




Well, I must admit that I had been a little bit jealous that I didn't get a new dress at first, but then found a way to make one my own.


Last week I told you not to throw away those cardboard hangers the Designer BooTique dresses had been on, and here is why.

They make perfect stencils for own dresses!

And here is how I did it:

Lay the cut out dress hanger as shown above on the bad side of a piece of fabric.

Choose a fabric that doesn't frill, best, and also one that stretches.

Then draw around the stencil at the bottom and the sides with tailor chalk.





Repeat it, so you have two sides.

It should look like this. Don't draw the lines too close together, you will need place for hemming between.





Then draw some circle part lines to the neck and the sleeve openings, like this, and close the bottom of the dresses.
I made a simple line, but you can of course let the dresses look assymetric, or however you want, by cutting the stencil like you want.





Then draw some extra lines at the sides and at the shoulders of both sides, like shown.





Cut out the two pieces.





Lay both pieces together, good side on good side.






Then sew them together where you have drawn the extra lines before; at the sides and at the shoulders.
If you can't sew, you also may glue instead.

In principal, your dress now should be ready. You only have to turn it on the good side.






But maybe you want to draw own design on your new dress.

Of course with the set, you still have the DesignerBooTique stencils and the markers.

Before drawing on your new dress, it is a good idea to try out how your design looks on an extra piece of left over fabric material.






I tried out several designs, some made with the stencils, some made by hand. The result was, that I didn't want a design on my dress at the end.

But if you choose to draw on your dress, it then is a good idea to pull it over the cardboard hanger again so the markers will not go through the material and colour the back of the dress as well.
 Or, you design your dress BEFORE you sew it.






Well, my dress had been hemmed with the button hole stitch again after been sewn together. I will try to show you how I do this, but it is hard to explain with help of a few pictures... and sadly the pictures also are blurry. Well, maybe nevertheless you will understand how to do it.

1.: stitch into the fabric like shown above, from outside to a little bit inside of your fabric.





2. Then, lay your thread under the needle, like shown.






3. Now pull the needle carefully. Go on like this.

Well... maybe you find a gbetter description somewhere in the net, if this doesn't work for you.

But that is how I trim all of the dresses I do.





At the end, the button hole stitch should look something like this, at my neck and arms.

Last step I did was adding one of those hologram zipper stickers to my dress and add a pair of simple golden ball earrings.





Ready is my own DesignerBootique dress, red with yellow trimming and a zipper at the front!

You see, with those paper hangars you can sew hundreds of new dresses for your own dolls, or make them shorter and do skirts or tops instead!





And here we are, wearing our new dresses:

Me -  Clawdeen Wolf, Cleo deNile, Gigi Grant, Silvi Timberwolf, Robecca Steam and DesignerBooTique Frankie Stein in her own, not altered dress!

I hope you liked the blogspot!




Time to say goodbye and wish you, as always,
a frangtastic weekend and a clawsome week!




💜💚💜

Clawdeen Wolf


No comments:

Post a Comment