Saturday, August 11, 2018

Cleo's Travel Warderobe


Hello Ghouls and Mansters,


Here is Cleo deNile doing the weekly blogspot.

A while ago, Calaminthe got a great gift parcel from one of our blogreaders.
There had been many wonderful items in it. One of those had been the hat I am wearing.

Back then, Clawdeen got an idea to make a travel outfit for me including this hat, and the flower fabric you see on my outfit had been part of the idea, also a suitcase and a cardigan.
It took a while when this idea was just a sketch in Clawdeens Fashion sketch book, but this year, at least, she made it real, as you can see!

Of course one picture would be not much for a weekend blogspot, but believe me, I have more for you!


So, there is the yellow hat, at first. I am not sure which doll it is originally from. It had a pink flower, but Clawdeen took it off.
The main outfit I wear is a top and a skirt, made of this cotton fabric with flowers. I like how it looks like a dress (which, originally had been planned as one)!
Over it, I am wearing a matching yellow cardigan with glued-on little buttons, made of recycled T-Shirt material.
I also have a pair of new golden earrings, a pair I really love. Calaminthe found them at C&A, I think, and altered them so I can wear them.

Then there is the trolley.
Would you love to have one like this?
Then look at this video of MyFroggyStuff:

If you have the materials, its really easy to do. Mine just misses some stickers. I hope to find some on my first travel wearing the outfits.

Calaminthe found all the materials but the buttons on amazon.de





The trolley is big enough for the complete outfit, inclusive hat and shoes, if you like, plus more.
And, as you can see, it is already filled with a little more. 

I want to show you those pieces too, of course!





For example, I can change the skirt out and instead wear this pair of yellow leggings. They match the cardigan, and are perfect for cultural or not-so-cultural trips in the country of your choice,





Or, for partys at the beach bar, I could wear this little belly free top, made from red fabric with white stars, together with the skirt.





That top also looks nice together with the leggings, a relaxed outfit for an afternoon.





I also can combine the original flower top with this cute white vintage shorts with red dots that has a big white belt.





And look how cute the red top is together with the shorts and the cardigan!





Clawdeen even finished a bikini bottom to go with the red top, for a perfect afternoon on the beach!





Well, you see, I am perfectly prepared for a summer vacation now!

Clawdeen and I hope you liked the ideas we had. She now plans a vacation outfit for herself as well.
Of course she then has to sew a hat too.

We are now at the end of todays blogspot, and say goodbye, wishing you as always

a majestic weekend and a royal week!




Kisses,

💖💝💖

Cleo deNile!





2 comments:

  1. Who knew Cleo looks so good in yellow? Your sewing skills are better with every post ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really try to get better. ;-) I always thought yellow was a nice colour for her because it's the colour of sand, or let's say ockre. For Cleo, I try to use the colours that you will find in ancient egypt places as well, so mainly turquise and blue tones, white, sometimes black, gold, yellow, ocre or sand, bisque and red too... and sometimes even purple. ;-)

      Delete