Saturday, January 20, 2018

Winter Fashion 2018


Hello Blogmonsters!


Time to rest from all the doll reviews, isn't it?

There are still many to do, and since this week we had again two new doll versions, it seems there are again two more. Totally, this week, we still have six more dolls and three more Minis we didn't show to you.

This week, though, I want you to show my latest winter collection. Its really about time.

I wanted to make more but now stopped it at the moment because I want to make a fashing costume and a valentines outfit first, so they are ready right in time when needed.

Maybe, after it, I have time for more winter, sleep wear or else.

Afterwards, there are some nature shots of Cleo I want to show you.





Well, let's start with the first fashion, which is the one I am wearing right now.

I felt that id was time to make some winter clothes again for myself, and this year it is a purple plush coat, brown-purple herringbone pattern skinny pants and a brown high collar top which you can not see on the pic because my coat is close.

Also I crocheted a purple lurex hat and completed the look with another pair of golden ball earrings.





My little brother Barker got a blue pullover, olive green pants, a camouflage pattern hat with blue pompom and a matching scarf plus a pair of self made, khaki winter boots.





For my sister Pawla I made olive pants as well and a purple, black and white pullover from recycled material.
She has new self-made boots as well. Hers are purple with gold glitter, and she is wearing a purple lurex crochet headband.

Also, she got a pipecleaner toy which I meant to be a white werewolf doll, but it didn't come out too great. Nevertheless, she told me she thinks its clawsome.





Well, the only family member so far that didn't have winter clothes yet was Weredith.
She got a turquise baby rumper with white fake button border with glued on buttons.

I wanted to make a hat, hood, headband or else for her too to keep her little head warm, but it didn't work.
At least, she is all covered with fur and I guess, this is keeping her warm enough.





The only ghoul left without winter fashion so far was Kelpie Blue, and so I made fashion for Lagoonas little sister as well.

To warm her head she got a crocheted hat as well from white, blue and green mottled yarn. The top of her ears peek through a bit, but she said she is warm enough.

She also got a dark turquise sewn pullover from striped lurex knit material together with purple jersey fabric pants.

 And a pair of purple winter boots, also self made. The soles are made from foam rubber, as well as those of my siblings. The base is papier mache, in this case covered with purple material I cutted from an old umbrella.





Little Tip:
For all those who want to make doll clothes themselves:
I really love this umbrella material.

It is silky and can be used for so many things, as you can see. I made rain coats, shoes and other clothes from it so far in different colours and I guess I will use it again.

So whenever you want to hrow away an old umbrella that is broken or else, make sure to cut off the fabric first and save it for upcycling projects.


Another Tip:
I wouldn't have been able to make shoes without watching videos of these two Youtubers and use their know-how for my own projects:

Walkercolours and PipeCleanerCraftsB are two YouTubers defineteley worth more then one look.

Not only their shoe tutorials are fangtastic.
These two are two very good channels when it comes to MH doll clothing or doll accessories.

Even though I am sure I never will be as professional with my own projects as those two, I learned a lot of how to make things from them. Also, it just makes fun to watch them finishing their own projects.




Well, back to other things. At the beginning, I promised you I would have some more pictures of Cleo walking in the nearby woods (while I was working on the winter outfits at home).

These pictures had been taken here, near Olpe-Rhode and the Lake Bigge.

Here are the beast:












And with this last picture, I want to say goodbye for this week. Time to wish


A fangtastic weekend and a clawsome week,


💜💚💜

Clawdeen Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment